“What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” [Mary Oliver]
I cannot believe we’re in a new year already! I’m happy for another opportunity to begin again, to see life from a different perspective, and to continue with self-care practices. A few years ago I stopped making new year resolutions and instead, I focus on setting intentions. In this new year, my main intention is to immerse in self-love and self-compassion and to be sure I take slow deep breaths often. What about you? Do you make resolutions or set intentions?
This year, I will be sharing some monthly reflection journals (if that’s your thing!) Last month I posted about the journal I made for December, and in January, the focus is on Recognizing and Releasing.
This year, I’m encouraging you to consider a few things:
– remember to make your wellbeing a priority
– get rest when you can
– surround yourself with people who are supportive and well
– find small moments of joy in each day
At the beginning of the new year, there’s usually a long list of things to do or change. Whatever you decide, consider my RAD approach:
– What is one thing or behavior you can regulate (or change)?
– What is one thing or behavior you can add?
– What is one thing or behavior you can drop (or discontinue)?
I hope you have a peaceful start to the new year. May you be well, happy, safe, and loved.
With deep gratitude,