May is Mental Health Awareness month and I thought it would be a good time to pop in to remind you that your mental health matters! We all have various experiences that impact the quality of our mental health, however, it is really important for you to know about your own mental health, triggers for stress, and ways of coping that work best for you. Overall, the quality of your mental health can impact the way you think, feel, behave, and cope with life.
Here are some helpful links to learn more about general mental health information:
- About Mental Health: Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention
- What is Mental Health?
- About Mental Health: PAHO/WHO
Here are a few ways to take care of your mental health:
- get exercise
- get adequate sleep (best if it’s 7-9 hours of sleep)
- write a gratitude list
- schedule appointments with a licensed mental health provider
- journal your thoughts and emotions
- pay attention to your nutrition
- set boundaries with others
- engage in meditation/mindfulness/prayer/contemplation
How do you take care of your mental health?
What can you do for your mental health this month?